As the swine flu (H1N1) runs rampant in Mexico, and is ready to invade Taiwan anytime in the future, nothing is more appropriate than to present the following lyric to our readers. The title of this song is called, "We are on the same boat." This song came from a CD, "Taiwan's songs" sold at a 2-28 concert in Taipei.
咱攏坐著同隻船 We are all in the same boat.
(台)太平洋有一隻船 There is a boat in the Pacific ocean.
(華)載著二千三百萬的人 The boat is carrying 23 million people.
(台)勤儉打拼守本分 Those people are hard-work, frugal and self-reliant.
(華)我們在這生根 We grow our roots here.
(台)失去方向的時袸 At time when we lost the direction,
(華)船上二千三百萬的人 the 23 million people on the boat,
(台)無分南北甲群族 despite our origins of south and north, despite our ethnic backgrounds,
(華)愛是我們的指南針 'Love' is our guiding compass.
(台)咱攏坐著同隻船 We are boarding on the same boat,
(華)在茫茫大海求生存 striving to survive in this vast ocean,
(台)置風雨中結緣份 we are making friends together in this survival struggling experiences.
(華)誰多不能把我們分 No one can separate us.
(台)咱攏坐著同隻船 We are on the same boat.
(華)要同舟共濟心感恩 We need to work together with gratitude,
(台)為一代代的子孫 for our future generation,
(華)誰也不能讓它沉淪 we cannot allow this boat to sink
(台)這隻名叫台灣的船 The name of this boat is called Taiwan.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment